A few days ago the cute little miss Rosie over at Rosemud tagged me in a game where I'm supposed to list 10 things I love, and while it wasn't easy, I narrowed down all the many loves of my life to just 10 things... so let's get to it.
1. The 1890's or history in general. I've always been a history geek. I remember my first college world history class being the most exciting storytelling hour of my semester. I was always wide eyed and eager to learn all the details! Now I'm in my first art history class, and I'm living through that moment all over again. It's just so fascinating.
2. Old family photographs: I guess this could tie in with history, but I counted it as it's own separate thing. I could look through piles for hours; it's just really nice to go through them while I still have the opportunity to ask my grandmothers and parents a ton of questions about who people are and what the hell they were doing.
You remember Hungry Hungry Hippo?? And look at that Popples bedspread and that crimpy hair!
Here's a couple of me just for laughs. That green dress was amongst all my play clothes, and I find it funny that I played dress up to vacuum the car.
3. Old historic southern homes. Nothing compares to the craftsmanship and details of these places, not to mention the fact they're like giant dollhouses.
4. I had to fit Jake in here somewhere. I can't even express how much I've grown and learned since having him in my life. I've never met a more compatible personality, or someone who is as carefree as he is.
5. HATS! Yeah, I'm a hat junkie. I think I missed a few for this photo, but I counted 30 with a few more probably lost under piles of clothes.
6. Cameras. Enough said, you guys know how I feel about these things.
7. J Dilla. Not only is this album one of the most solid compilations I've ever heard, but the story that goes with it is equally incredible. J Dilla was a highly respected producers who died of lupus just 3 days after releasing this album. He knew he was going to die, and the fact that he was able to complete his project before leaving this world gives me chills. It truly feels like he's talking to you in some of the tracks .... "I can't stand to see you cry" ... knowing that people are mourning his death. Ahh...It's worth a listen!
8. Band tees! This isn't all of them, but it's as many as I could round up for the photo. I love 'em...they're my favorite kind of t-shirts to wear.
10. My pretty, amazing, carefree sister, Kristi. We're only 19 months apart so we practically grew up as twins sharing everything and fighting a lot too, but now that we're grown up, I wouldn't trade that girl for the world.
Now I tag....